RE: Lost my Diff? Part 2

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Lost my Diff? Part 2
From: My79Spitfire@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:01:27 EDT
Bob,

After having my transmission rebuilt on my '79, I developed a very bad
vibration around 60 mph while accelerating, and at all times while
decelerating to
about 40 mph.  Turns out the flange at the rear of the transmission that
attaches to the drive shaft was loose.  To check this, drop the drive shaft
and grab
the flange.  It should not move.  If it does, it needs to be tightened.  Just
my 2 pence!

Geof Bush
Please Sponsor Me?  I will be driving my Spitfire to benefit the Hemophilia
Foundation:  <A HREF="www.mibrr.com">www.mibrr.com</A>
North American Spitfire Squadron (NASS) - Member #11
NASS MASH Coordinator
Michigan NASS Wing Commander
Detroit Triumph Sportscar Club
Vintage Triumph Registry