Re: Wood dash

To: Marv Coulthard <coulthard@saltspring.com>
Subject: Re: Wood dash
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@COX.NET>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 11:56:48 -0500
At 08:30 AM 12/1/03 -0800, Marv Coulthard wrote:
>One of my winter projects is a new dash for our 78.  I have one solid piece
>of walnut, next is to take the old dash out (three pieces) use it as a
>template and put one piece back in.   (fingers crossed)

Marv,

Do I understand that you are going to replace the 3 pieces with 1 solid
piece?  If so, I don't know that I'd recommend that.  It was made in 3
pieces for a reason.  I personally like the access I get by just removing
the center piece of the dash.

Also, in the past there has been discussion about a solid piece of wood
warpping as opposed to the plywood backing and the vanieer covering.

But what the hay,  try it, you may be on to something.

I know I tought I'd do that with the floor boards on my Morgan.  Turns out,
the factory knew what they were doing when they made the floor boards in
several pieces.  I ended up having to cut my solid piece in two to get things
to fit right.

John

Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                       65 Rambler Classic