Re: Wood dash

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wood dash
From: Marv Coulthard <coulthard@saltspring.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 13:25:57 -0800
Thanks Jim... I hear what John T Blair and others say too about access,
stress and expansion etc.  This one is kinda a personal thing I
suppose.  The walnut came from a walnut tree here on our Property.  A nice
clean cut piece well cured and planed  to 3/8ths.  What I might look at is
get my friend to cut me a piece of 1/8" aluminium and fit it behind the
walnut. With the proper blade on my big old scroll saw I should be able to
cut both. The coldest this car will likely see is -2C  and maybe a max of
25C.  The car lives in a garage and is for show during the summer,
only.   My wifes show car ... so she can tag along on her own with my Morgan.

cheers
Marv