loctite

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: loctite
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:28:57 -0500
Is blue loctite correct for the allen head screws connecting the stub axles to
the differential? The diff off my '77 had two of the allen head screws backed
out and chopped off.

Is self etching primer the type to use when sanding down to bare metal, but
not done with the sanding and filling? I have a quart of high density sandable
primer, but I think that is for filling in scratch marks before final color.

I bought some gray primer with some sealer hardener I had to add. The salesman
said I had to top coat in 30 minutes or sand ever square inch of the primer if
I waited to long. That was ok for the frame but I think I will be working on
the body sporadically.

Larry