Re: early/late rear springs, was sagging rear/advice

To: "Gosling, Richard" <r.gosling@penspen.com>,
Subject: Re: early/late rear springs, was sagging rear/advice
From: "Charlie Brown" <cb1500@basicisp.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 11:38:18 -0500
Sorry guys, I've been following this string for a few days now and I'll just
drop in a thought about front/rear springs.

I don't want to fan any flames, just add a casual observation

Years ago when I installed my Monroe air adjustable shocks, I did so after
installing brand new TriumphTune Fast Road springs and Spax adjustable
shocks on the front. The mods to the front did nothing to cure the
"left-lean" problem. Not until I installed the Monroes did I manage to get
the rear back to a normal camber.

With my single Schraeder "T" valve installation, I still had a little lean
to the left, but much less. I weigh 190 lbs., or roughly 1/10 the weight of
the car. It's going to lean a little. Paul Tegler's correct if you want to
install two valves, you can fine tune the rear height based on the load you
carry, i.e. passenger, luggage.

After all these years, the original Monroes are still working well. I've
thought about installing a new upgraded spring but that will take away the
flexibility I now have in adjusting the air pressure to compensate for the
load. Just me, 45 psi. Me, passenger, and luggage, 50 psi. Autocross, 10-15
psi.

Like I said, I'm not arguing with anyone's solution. This system just works
for me.

Thanks for the time,
Charlie Brown

===     http://www.vtr.org