Re: Throw out bearing arm pivot pin

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Throw out bearing arm pivot pin
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:19:56 -0500
On 19 Dec 2006 at 15:13, Matthew Milkevitch wrote:

> My question: I also purchased a sleeve for this pin.  Must the
> new pin be installed with the sleeve?

The pin is a simple friction pin driven into the hole.  (They call
that a drift pin, right?  Or do I mis-remember?)  IIRC, the pin can
be driven in and out of the hole easily, and if I had to guess I'd
say the sleeve is necessary only if the hole has been widened from
too much pin-driving or if there are several different diameter pins
in use.  You should be able to tell by feel just how tight it will
be.  If it won't go in by hand pressure but seems like it will be
driveable-in, then I'd say skip the sleeve.

Anyone else got a better idea?

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com