Re: Throw out bearing arm pivot pin

To: Matthew Milkevitch <mmilkevitch@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Throw out bearing arm pivot pin
From: Larry Vaughan <ljvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 16:34:22 -0600
Matthew, The sleeve provides the friction to hold the pin in place. If
the old pin fell out, the old sleeve probably needs replaced. Use a
drift pin larger than the pivot pin and knock it out of the throwout
bearing arm. There are bushings in the bellhousing, above and below the
throwout bearing arm pivot point, that may need attention.

Larry

===     http://www.vtr.org