Re: TR:Spitfire - New Rear Spring - PITA

To: Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR:Spitfire - New Rear Spring - PITA
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 22:14:42 -0500
On 27 Dec 2006 at 18:54, Shane Sizemore wrote:

> Having a major problem with new rear spring, No matter
> what I do to the spring, with or without pivot pad
> etc, the clamp will not compress enough for the center
> bolt to go through.

Ummm, I'm having trouble picturing what you are asking.  I've taken
the spring out of my Spitfire and GT6 a number of times, and replaced
the Spitfire spring once.  But I've never had to disassemble it, nor
had any trouble putting it back in place.  My recollection is that
the new spring I got from [wherever, long forgotten, maybe TRF] had
one more leaf than the original, but they insisted it was meant to be
equivalent and indeed it has functioned as expected.  So...

Details!  We need details!  Specifics!  Anatomically correct and all
that, you know.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com