Re: [Spit] clutch pin query

To: Jim Muller <jimmuller@rcn.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spit] clutch pin query
From: Bob Berger <bberger720@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 17:40:07 -0500
Jim,

This is easy, get a bolt from your local hardware store that is long enough
that it has +/- 2" of unthreaded shaft and is the correct size to fit in the
hole.  I think the shaft is 1/4" or 3/8".  Drop this in from the top and
then for additional safety thread a nyloc nut onto the end.  The nut does
not need to be completely tightened down.  This will serve as a new pin and
will not fall out in the future.

Bob Berger
78 Spitfire

===     http://www.vtr.org