Re: The time has come....

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: The time has come....
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 23:34:36 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>Great story Mark!  I must say that I have felt the sting of Sprite
>prejudice.  I went to my first (and only) local AHCA meeting and drove my
>Bugeye.  All members in attendance (and those that weren't) were big Healey
>owners.  I was the only member to drive their Healey to the meeting.  Not a
>single one of them ventured 20 feet to the curb to even look at my car.
>That kind of summed it all up for me.

That is too bad. I have to say  that I have had the exact opposite
experience with the Atlanta AHCA chapter. True, at my first meeting there
was only one other AH that drove in, and that was a Frogeye. I 'innocently'
asked during the introductions whether anyone else had a running AH as I
didn't see any in the parking lot. I don't know if that meeting was an off
night, but at the next meeting there were plenty of Big Healeys, 3 Sprites,
and a couple of Jensen-Healeys. At _every_ meeting there are members who
come out to look at my car, and believe me, it barely passes the 20 ft
test. The only drawback to the mix that I've found so far is that I do have
a little trouble keeping up on some of the straight roads with the bigger
cars. But the last tour, they let me lead on the way home so I wouldn't get
left behind.  A really great bunch of people.

YMMV,

Jeff

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Editor-in-Chief, Molecular Vision