Re: Front suspension advice please

To: "Spridgets Mail list" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Front suspension advice please
From: "Geoff Branch" <branch@valinet.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 16:02:07 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Justin-  The dreaded king pin bushing is not  the problem.  Installing it
is.  It has to be reamed in place after pressing into place.  The problem is
that the top and bottom bushing are different sizes and you have to be a
pretty clever machinist to pull off the in line reaming that is needed.   I
found a great local guy who installed them, reamed them perfectely, and
installed the wheel bearings for me for $45.00 US ( I supplied the parts).
Look around your area, ask parts guys, ask garages (especially foreign) for
names of machine shops that are clever.  Regards  Geoff Branch

'74 Midget "Yellow Peril"