Re: Front suspension advice please

To: chuckc <chuckc@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Front suspension advice please
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 20:46:17 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
chuckc wrote:

> Top Trunion being the bushing where the front shock
> lever joins the front axle assembly?

Yes.

The other front end bushings should be called control or A arm bushings
(wish bone bushings in the UK)
Parts on these cars can be confusing with the British/American
translations (Right Daniel?) Hood=top, bonnet=hood, boot=trunk,
wing=fender, etc.
I think most of us refer to the parts as seen in the repair manuals or
what we were taught by our fathers while learning basic back yard
mechanics. Chrome muffler bearings and johnson rods! And a really big
hammer is as good if not better than the correct wrench/spanner! :)
Since I don't deal with the "big" US suppliers (see thread on chinese
parts) I don't look at their catologs. When I call or email a supplier,
I just ask for what I need, these guys know what I mean when I say send
me some pistons and caliper kits for a Sprite. (Right Peter C.?)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ