Re: Front suspension advice please

To: chuckc@ibm.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Front suspension advice please
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 10:06:59 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 1/6/99 8:23:52 AM Eastern Standard Time, chuckc@ibm.net
writes:

<< Top Trunion being the bushing where the front shock
 lever joins the front axle assembly?

 Whenever I try to compare the names of the various bits
 and pieces in Haynes to the bits and pieces in the various
 catalogs I get the heebie jeebies. Never seen so many names
 for the same thing!  >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Same here.  Maybe one of the listers who has lots of suspension experience can
try to make it clear.  I will be diving into suspension bits as soon as the
feeling comes back to my fingers.  12 degrees this morning.

Chuck is right.  The parts catalogs don't use the same names as the repair
manuals, which can get very confusing.  I ordered a complete set of urethane
bushings from Moss and the packaging doesn't tell me much at all.  Maybe I
just need more experience!

Thanks in advance, and please post to the list rather than privately.  I'm
sure there are others who would like to read about suspension bits.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport