Re: General Advice on Restoration Requested

To: ulix@u.washington.edu
To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: General Advice on Restoration Requested
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 16:47:10 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On 02/11/99 13:38:11 you wrote:

>Philip,
>make sure you have the Terry Horler book "Original S&M".

Philip & Ulix,
This is a great book for sure, but don't stop there. Seek out original
factory parts manuals if you are interested in originality. Read
Geoffrey Healey's books, Sprinzel's book, Eric Dymock's book, Donald's
boooks, Road and Track road test reprints, Brooklands road test
reprints and don't forget a Haynes manual and a Bentley manual.

Compare and contrast the info in the various sources and you will
eventually be able to determine what is correct/original.

I'm not impressed by Lindsey Porter's books or the Sprite Profile Series
books, nor the Japanese book(s) that were published some years ago.

Ulix gave you some good advice. The only other thing I would add would
be to be patient. Don't buy the first car you look at and don't settle
for a rotted rust bucket. (Get a bondoed rust bucket) No seriously, good
cars are out there. Just remember that good things come to those who
wait.

Jay Fishbein, CT
AN-5
HAN-6