Re: General Advice on Restoration Requested

To: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: General Advice on Restoration Requested
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 17:07:17 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
take the Flame guard down... I am very interested in seeing your car... and
so would
Donald Healey... your taste is interesting to me... a $30,000 bugeye...
well I have seen those types of cars.... and I know what they look like...
Yours well that would be new to me and I am interested in that.... Keith
----------
> From: Hanna, Mark <mhanna@ball.com>
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: RE: General Advice on Restoration Requested
> Date: Thursday, February 11, 1999 4:26 PM
>
>       Hi Philip ,
>       There are probably as many answers to this one as there are people
>        on this list . For instance I am building a '59 Bugeye . It will
look

>        pretty standard from the outside . The inside will have a stock
dash
>        (fascia) , stock gauges , switches , steering wheel , seats . I
will
> cover
>        the seats in leather , the interior panels will all be leather .
The
> floor
>        will be covered in wool carpet (Wilton) . The engine will be a
1275
> (1380)
>        Five speed transmission . Alternator , front disk brakes , front
sway
> bar ,
>        poly bushings all  around , all ancillary parts rebuilt /
refurbished
> . I want
>        to retain the flavor and charm  of the car , and at the same time
> increase
>        its performance and appeal  as a car that can be used and enjoyed
> regularly.
>        I am personally not interested in a $30 K gold level car that
would
> be a crime
>        to use . Nor am I attracted to cars that have been butchered to
the
> point
>        of loosing all of there quaint British charm and character . In
the
> end the
>        choice is all yours . Good Luck !!! ,
>        Flame shields up ,
>                                   Mark Hanna
>                                   AN5L/13731

I've
> > narrowed it down to a Bug-Eye or Spridget.  (Dropped Lotus Elan, MGB,
> > Spitxxxx, etc. for now)
> >
> > I'm just looking for some general advice right now.  What are the
> > essentials before I even think about doing this?  Parts manual,
Workshop