Re: Rear seal

To: "Gronberg, John" <john.gronberg@us.landisstaefa.com>
Subject: Re: Rear seal
From: Bob Frato <bobfrato@bright.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 12:01:23 -0500
Cc: "'Majordomo, Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I just purchased this seal from them for my 948.  From what I can tell
it's pretty much the same kit and requires the same installation (ie.
machining the as cast lower section to 11 mm and polishing the crank).
I pulled the engine and transmission in hopes of doing a nice quick easy
installation but wound up sending the block to the machine shop to do
the work as well as line boring the crank while their at it.

Hopefully I'll get the engine back in a week or two, install the engine
and see if this solves the leak.

Bob Frato
59' Bugeye
http://ahbugeye.com