RE: Quarter Panel Beading

To: "'Ulix Goettsch'" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: RE: Quarter Panel Beading
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 09:20:14 -0500
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jay and Ulix,

Having just gone through this process, let me state my opinion. You
cannot seperate the rear deck and rear fender AND remove the beading
without destroying either the wing or the deck. Of course, given the
choice, you would make a cut about 2- 3 inches on the wing side of the
beading and throw away the wing. Then you drill out the spot welds and
start again. Porter's restoration book has good photos of the process.
Just my opinion based on the fact that Jat siad he wanted to do it once
and do it right.

Daniel T.