AMP vs Volt meter

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: AMP vs Volt meter
From: Mikkel Pedersbæk <mikkel@isa.dknet.dk>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:01:00 +0200
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello All,

I am new to the list, and dont know if You have been discussing this
before, but I hope You can help me.

I have a Midget MKIII LHD from 1970. It seems to be very standard execpt
from the AMP meter. I have been watching when I drive and it gives off some
reading I can not understand.
>From coldstart and 5-10 minutes it gives a major sving to the positive
side. This I consider normal since it need to charge the battery.
With a running engine the AMP meter stays at 0 and only moves to the
negative side when the light or the blinkers are activated. This should
also be normal.
But when running at idle it moves to the negative side, even when no lights
are on. I dont know much about this but should the AMP meter not be a 0
when running at idle and just on the positive side when driving.
Am I interpreting these readings the wrong way ?
I have been thinking of changing the AMP meter to a Volt meter, is this a
good thing to do ?

TIA
Regards
Mikkel
---
Mikkel Pedersbæk

Ågade 106, st. tv.                              Phone:   +45 35249911
DK-2200 Copenhagen N                            E-mail:  mikkel@isa.dknet.dk
Denmark

Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreamin'