Re: AMP vs Volt meter

To: froggi@cdsnet.net, Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: AMP vs Volt meter
From: "shawn tobin" <suhs2@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 07:33:45 CDT
Cc: mikkel@isa.dknet.dk, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Personally, I'd go for a voltmeter.
A voltmeter will read 13-15 volts when the dyno is charging and less than 12
when you're running your headlights, electric fan, heater blower, windshield
wipers, and radio all at once while idling.
A voltmeter across the battery lets me know when my system is charging (and
IF).
I generally only attach a voltmeter to my battery when having electrical
problems and leave it off if everything runs okay.
I find an ammeter to be fairly useless.  If my battery reads well above
12volts before starting the car i know it is 'up'.

Shawn Tobin
dumb technician