Re: Event participation??

To: "Mike Maclean" <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Event participation??
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 11:35:40 +1000
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike,

just a public little support for your position. Ed is being unreasonable.
You, like everyone else, is entitled to be "Joe Public" for the day without
being accused of being a cheat.

It is up to event organisers to persuade people that it is worthwhile for
 folk to register (with or without a car to display). if Mike didn't think
it worthwhile, then not only is that his right, but perhaps any other
benefits of attendance at the entire event weren't communicated
effectively? I don't know because I never saw the blurb, but *clearly*,
Mike wasn't convinced that he should part with $95 for the privilege.

Ed should apologise for calling Mike a cheat. I have no problems with
Ed suggesting that people should attend events even if their cars aren't
ready, but perhaps the time for that suggestion was *before* the event,
not after.

If Ed wished to express his disappointment that Mike didn't
attend the entire event, the list was *NOT* the place to do it - private
email would have been the appropriate forum.

Mike