Re: Overwhelmed by Mechanic (Long)

To: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overwhelmed by Mechanic (Long)
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 06:13:46 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
> There
> are some people here who
> can diagnose these cars in their sleep and fix them
> with their eyes closed.

Yup.  One thing I noticed when I met Frank Clarici.  I
can usually fix what goes wrong on the Sprite,
although I usually have to get in there and get dirty
while figuring out what exactly it is I have to do.
When I work on my car to do ANYTHING I get dirty, very
very dirty. I can check oil and look like I've prepped
my face for for battle with Indian war paint.  The day
I met Frank, he was reassembling PIECES and doing
other stuff in the garage, and his white t-shirt was
clean.  I never wear white when working on the cars,
or it isn't white anymore.  The true maestros manage
to get the job done clean and fast.

Dirty and Slow,
Ron