Re: Big Folks

To: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Big Folks
From: "David Cooper" <mdghobby@vianet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:42:12 +0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Apparently Healy modified the floor pan of the racing Sprites to allow the
back of the seat to sit lower.
This had several benefits, a. lowered C of G., b. Raised the squab to
provide more leg support and, c. moved the shoulders of the driver back for
a more comfortable wheel position.
The steering column can also be shortened by a skilled welder.

For more information check out The Sprite Car Club of Australia
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4936/index.html

Dave C

----------
> From: Andy Webster <trunkie@hotmail.com>
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Big Folks
> Date: Thursday, 26 August 1999 16:51
>
> Have any of us less petite spridgeteers worked out how to steal any extra

> leg room?
> I don't know how anybody can fit in with a factory steering wheel!
> mine has a little sports wheel.
> Has anybody perhaps thinned the seat cushion, so their butt is a bit
closer
> to the floor...I suspect this would be of assistance.
> I'm fine in my bros MkIII sprite, but in the MkII my knees just hit the
> bottom of the dashboard. I'm always trying to get the seat back just one
> more inch...
> Andy
> 6'4" but a mere 200lb.
>

> >From: HFC <froggi@cdsnet.net>
> >To: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
> >CC: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
> >Subject: Re: Big Folks
> >Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 00:34:32 -0700
> >
> >...absolutely!
> >WFO Herb
> >6'2" 253 athletic pounds... loves fast cars, even faster
motorcycles...and