Re: Big Folks

To: pasgeirsson@juno.com
Subject: Re: Big Folks
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:35:12 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/26/99 6:53:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pasgeirsson@juno.com writes:

<< I too have that problem.  But when I got to thinking about the period
 that these cars were designed in, the traffic signals were on a post on
 the corner, not hanging 20 feet above the street in the middle of the
 intersection.  You didn't need a periscope to see the signals back then. >>

Nope.  In my other post I mentioned that the 1958 Chevy had a dash reflector
as an option to see overhead traffic lights.  I'm sure they were used more in
bigger cities.  (Overhead lights, not '58 Chevys.)  I remember overhead
lights all thru Atlantic City, NJ when I was a kid back in the '50s.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport