Re: NEW AHCUSA

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@htcomp.net>
Subject: Re: NEW AHCUSA
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 19:13:20 -0500
Cc: DLancer7676@cs.com, spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Fellow Spridgetarians,

Various listers are posting some great ideas and exhibiting lots of
enthusiasm. Lets channel this energy and output (articles/submissions)
through the outlets that already exist: Rick Moses' Spridget
newsletter and Les Myer's PDLJMPR (sp) website.

Both cost far less to "subscribe" than the amounts you have floated,
but I think it is fair to speculate that both Rick and Les will tell
you that the difficulty lies in receiving submissions on a regular and
timely basis.  Re g u l a r a n d t i m e l y b a s i s.

None of the volunteer club publications have paid staff, except for
the one from the home of Elliot Ness which I will not go into for fear
of another off-list spanking by their holy politicos (right Bob?), so
the content of the club magazine or newsletter is a reflection of the
submissions.

If you want to see more Spridget material in PDLJMPR, Moses
newsletter, Austin-Healey Magazine from AHCUSA or whatever, someone
has to create it and submit it.

Many years ago, I wrote for a national club magazine on a regular
basis. It was fun, but the editor always had to call me and prod me
for an article and pictures.  Writing the equivalent of one or two
pages (or more) takes some time, thought, and creativity.

I believe that Rick will include almost anything that is
submitted. According to Frank's earlier post, he is contacting Rick on
this entire subject. Hopefully, he will receive a response from Rick,
will be able to bring us up to date on Rick's current situation, and
provide us with the necessary details on continuing his Spridget
newsletter.

Les has said he is considering an update to his website. So I guess he
will accept submissions.

OKAY, everyone to your keyboards and scanners. Let the creativity race begin.

Jay Fishbein
AN-5
HAN-6
Innocenti-S