Re: NEW AHCUSA

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: NEW AHCUSA
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 18:02:27 -0600
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
What made me start all this is that I subscribe to a Healey club magazine,
at far more than a regular subscription to any other magazine with more
pages and articles in it would cost me. I only get one article every couple
of months that pertains to Sprites. I personally feel like a step-child
Healey owner when the rest of the publication has 4 times the info for the
Big Healeys. But, the facts are, I do subscribe. For gosh sakes, I deserve
more for my subscription than for someone to take a friends article off the
web and reprint it in their book instead of giving us something that is
rarely seen. Old test drive stories, maybe the run on the Bonneville salt
flats to set the Bugeye speed record, anything but don't take it from Frank
just to be an @$$. Yes, he can do this. I don't think it is right, and I
will tell anyone who cares to know, including Reid himself. Because I do
think it is wrong, I will drop my membership from AHCUSA and wait for Frank
to put new articles in the PDLJMR site, At least I know I will get to read
them before most of the club members. David, you are a writer, how much
would it be to put out a small publication that the list members could
subscribe to. I would rather send my $35 to a publication devoted solely to
the Spridgets, not one that throws in something in an afterthought sort of a
way. Some of you guys have extensive libraries of Spridget paraphernalia
that could be shared, maybe not in a print format but gathered and shot to a
website that we pay someone to keep up for us by posting the articles. I
could send copies of the 73 Midget ads with all the photos and info to share
with any interested parties. I mean, we can bitch till we turn blue, but
unless we can find a better way for us little Spridget owners to go, we are
wasting time and bandwidth.   Brad