Re: gasoline pricing

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: gasoline pricing
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 17:15:04 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I have commuted to London for almost 10 years and gave up on the London
underground (subway) because it was expensive, unreliable and DIRTY.  It was
also crowded and while you might fantasise about having an attractive women's
bosom pressing against you the reality is that it is more likely to be some
unwashed bloke's armpit in your face.

The train's are not much better and I recently boarded my commuter train to
find a pile of puke on the carriage floor.  It wasn't even fresh (from the
night before) and I complained so bitterly the train company gave me £30
compensation.  The trains in the UK are generally cold in winter and hot in
summer (heating or air con fails to work).  They are generally late more
often than on time and the customer service stinks just the same way as the
unwashed minority can ruin the atmosphere in the carriage.  Many people that
use public transport are ignorant and selfish choosing either to have a loud
mobile phone conversation or play a sony walkman at a volume that makes you
wonder why they bother.  They are generally not cheap to operate.

I prefer to walk up to distances of about 2.5 miles or cycle if the distance
is longer.  I do use my car when it makes sense to do so.

My £10 worth

Daniel1312