Re: gasoline pricing

To: RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: gasoline pricing
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 16:54:16 -0800
Cc: type79@ix.netcom.com, boxweed@thebest.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
A progressive mass transit district, such as the one I drive for, has park &
ride
lots at many convenient locations throughout the district in order to make the
concept of using public transportation as appealing as possible. Our buses are
safe to ride, clean, and wheelchair accessible. We have a very aggressive
marketing department that has come up with many innovative ideas that are being
copied by transit districts across the country. 80% of my riders know me by
name,
and will come to my aid should I require help with an obnoxious passenger. Our
routes go as far as 65 miles up the McKenzie Highway, and the only reason a car
might get there sooner is that there are too few passing lanes - I can't get
around them! Granted, public transportation will never work for all people all
the time, but don't knock it before you try it.  Maybe your local district needs
some pointers in public convenience as well as conveyance?
Kate