Re: gasoline pricing

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, boxweed@thebest.net
Subject: Re: gasoline pricing
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 19:19:10 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 03/09/2000 9:27:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,
type79@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< But true mass transportation would not limit one's travels.

 jf

Scuse me..but "el toro pupu"..I suppose this would be mass transportation
supplied by the same government that gave us AMTRAC?  I can drive to San
Antonio (586 miles) in 8 hrs, 10 if the kids are with us and burn about $60
in gas (for 4-5 people) -OR- I can take AMTRAC for about the price of an
airline ticket (around $350 round trip last I checked) per person, and it
only takes 22-24 hours!  Oh, and if I want a sleeper berth, it's about twice
the price.

Or should I take the SUNMETRO bus from work to home?  I'd only have to hike a
mile or so to catch it after work, but the 5 mile hike from the last stop to
home is a killer...of course I'd trim up quick, or die.

Of course, this is an unsolicited response...

Robert H.