Re: Mini Mania Swap Meet

To: "Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mini Mania Swap Meet
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 17:06:57 -0800
Sorry I missed you guys. I was there until around 11:15 - 11:30, but my
friend John had to leave. We got there around 8:00. I didn't see anybody
except David, and didn't recognize anybody's car (that I saw) but there was
a pretty good turnout of stuff this time, so maybe everybody was "looking
at the ground a lot". Sure was a nice day though!

Maybe next time.

Gerard

At 2:11 PM -0800 3/12/00, Larry & Sandi Miller wrote:
>Started off in the Bugeye at about 7 AM heading for the rendezvous at Mini
>Mania with some fellow list members. Stopped for gas at a station about 5
>miles from home. Filled up and was ready to head for the hiway, no way.
>Clutch would not fully engage, slipping like mad.Nursed it home at the
>maximum allowable speed  without slipping too much(about 40 MPH). Parked it
>in the garage and left in my pickup. Found Bryan right away, just followed
>the crowd to his beautiful Bugeye. Met Bill (herbytoy), Glen Byrns(Mr.
>Turbo), and Dave Riker. Bill picked up a 4.22 diff and every time I saw
>Bryan he had purchased something new. Somehow missed Gerard. We were up
>front at 11:00 (where he mentioned in his email) but did not see him. Ran
>into Dave and he said that Gerard had left. Did not buy anything myself but
>did spread a lot of BS around.
>
>Took about 10 minutes to diagnose and fix the Bugeye when I got home. Seems
>the last time I was messing with the clutch (put a different type slave on
>it), I also adjusted the pushrod in the master cylinder. Well apparently I
>forgot to tighten the lock nut when I finished. It had screwed itself in so
>far that it was keeping the fluid from flowing back to the MC.
>
>Works a whole lot better now.
>
>Larry Miller

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A