Re: i am learning but have some more questions

To: midgetman@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: i am learning but have some more questions
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:24:50 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Rex,

For $1000 you will be able to find a daily runner that needs a lot of
work. It will run, but expect to constantly be keeping up on major
system failures, sort of like any other $1000 car of this age range.
As for safety, I don't see that the rubber bumpers will help much.
These are tiny cars. If you get hit hard by anything bigger than
Honda Civic, you are toast. OTOH, the rubber bumper probably prevent
a lot of auto body damage in low speed incidents.

Jeff

At 11:18 AM -0500 3/27/00, midgetman@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>friends, i went to the archives and searched for diffrent thinigs.
>never expected that much in facts there. i was held back by time. i
>thought midgets would be more simpler than they are. but i got much
>info from the internet archive. i also found the whoreler sprite and
>midget book and i see what everyone means by the cars being copies.
>i didnt see any 4x4 cars in there like someone talked about so if
>they were serious they can be rare and if they were joking around i
>guess the jokes on me. i didnt know there are only some people on
>this internet club. i figurred there were hundreds. hoiw come there
>arnt more? so know my question. what can i buy for $1000? will it
>run? how good will it run? should i think about a sprite or stick
>with my first idea midgets? what about the engines? some make jokes
>about the engine called 1500. my wife saw the pictures in whoreler
>that have the safety bumpers and she doesnt like them but she wants
>safety. what do i do? what about rollbars? does !
>!
>!
>anyone have airbags? can they be ordered from moss? i know this is
>many questiuons but i need answers. rex

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu