Re: Fuses

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <Ajhsys@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Fuses
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 08:58:21 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
From <Ajhsys at aol.com>
To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: 27 March 2000 23:22
Subject: Fuses

> A few weeks ago my wipers, tach, and fuel gauge stopped working.  As a
test, (since all the fuses are definitely
> good), I twisted the fuse for the non-functioning items.  They worked.
Rust
> on the fuse terminals!  (Now I feel stupid!)  The simple things should
ALWAYS
> be checked first.
>
> Allen Hefner

I had a similar problem on My '61 Sprite II, but it was the brass rivet that
holds the spade terminal onto the sprung clip that the fuse sits in.  Over
the years the rivet had started to loosen and eventually the electrical
contact failed.  Cleaning the terminal and changing the fuse worked until
the next bump in the road shook the contact loose again.  Couldn't see the
rivet from above but it fell off when I pulled the box from the car.
Same type box on the Morris Minor.