Sprite selling prices

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sprite selling prices
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 18:25:09 -0400
Having sold a Bugeye, 69 Sprite, 74 Midget, and 76 Midget in the past 2
years, I'll start the "selling" price list.

Bugeye, 1959, with all the go fast goodies, perfect professional
paintjob, all lights NOS, new harness, new everything, cam, headers, 4
speed rib disc brakes
sold for $7500

69 Sprite MKIV glass window hardtop, new paint, everything worked,
looked and ran perfect.
Sold for $4000

74 Midget, fair paint, excellant interior, no cracked dash, everything
worked but not new, good brakes, good front end.
Sold for $2800

76 RB Midget, in storage since 1983, essenially a 7 year old car.
Buffed out the original paint, gave it a shot of "interior in a can", no
rips, no dents, it ran and stopped with what ever came in the car.
Sold for $2500

I know a guy asking 20,000 for a MKIV Sprite, I think he took 10,000
after 2 years trying to sell it.
There is a 69 Midget in this neck of the woods, the owner says he has
$30,000 into it. It's still a 69 Midget worth at best $5000 ($6500 if
you find a sucker)

I don't know of any Bugeyes that sold for more then 10k, I know of
plenty with 12+ asking prices.

There is a $9000 MGB in my paper, it pops up every month or so. The ad
says "rare", Obviously this guy never went to a major Brit car show
where they have 5 classes of MGBs (chrome, gt, RB, RB-GT and modified)
It also hasn't sold in about a year.
--
Frank Clarici
Who just added a Bimmer to the family fleet.