TR2/3/3a Versus Sprite Mk.I

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2/3/3a Versus Sprite Mk.I
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 07:48:09
OK! I 'fess up. I DO like the look of the early TRs, but my first love
since 1958 IS the Mk. I Sprite, by an Irish Mile.

In my den, along with all the Airfix/Gunze Sangyo/Monogram plastic models
of the Mk.I Sprite, in their (unopened) boxes, I almost have an equal
number of TR2 and TR3 boxes.

My first Dinky Toy sports car was the TR2, which I still have! My one regret
was that Meccano did not produce a model of the Mk.I Sprite. I do have their
Mk.II. I collect all metal 1/43 models I can of of the Sprite; even have a few
Mk. III/IVs. Why, when in US in Sept., I bought the Johnny Lightning models
of
both the Sprite AND the TR3A.

The only model I don't have, and positively lust after, is the VIP Slot-car
version of the Sprite. Anyone got one?

IMHO, the TR2/3/3A are very close in looks with the Sprite Mk. I. Same style
headlight pods; same rear lights; smooth curved lines; same era manufacture,
with a beautiful dash. If I could, I would like to have a TR2/3/3A as a
standby
car. Hey, I sold some Sprite parts to a guy near Dublin Irl., who has that
Sprite
/TR3 combination, too.

Funny story on the same lines:- I bought my Sprite in Liverpool, England in
1974.
All the time I was working on the Sprite in the garage '74 > '76, the
neighbour
whose property adjoined my back garden, was, unknown to me, working on a TR2!
Only found that out on the day we were leaving UK to return to Ireland.

Sorry guys/gals, if this offends, butttt.., but I.. I had to come out of
the closet!!
:-)))

Ron in Ireland
'59 Sprite "Oggibip"