Re: New rotary engines

Subject: Re: New rotary engines
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 17:20:38 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Hello list:
>
> Since a few folks have mentioned rotary engine swaps for Spridgets (often
>with positive results) I thought that the following news item sounded
>interesting.  Maybe I don't understand rotary engine technology all that well,
>but... how does one fit two engines in a single car?
> Regards,
>
> Charles
> '74 Midget
> '68 Sprite
> Bloomfield, NJ
> cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com

        That looks like a "transration" error. The car will have a 2-rotor 1308
cc
engine. I've not seen anything about a front wheel drive car, the rotary is not
conducive to FWD applications due to the output shaft being in the center of the
engine among other things.
        To rectify the lack of LBC content, Zappa would have written a song
about
running over cats with one of these. But he wouldn't have used DOT5 to do it. Or
it might have been about riding to Chicago on it.
--
~
'87 RX-7 TII: Recipient. In ICU awaiting vital organs.