New rotary engines

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: New rotary engines
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 15:38:24 -0500
Hello list:

Since a few folks have mentioned rotary engine swaps for Spridgets (often with
positive results) I thought that the following news item sounded interesting.
Maybe I don't understand rotary engine technology all that well, but... how
does one fit two engines in a single car?

_____________________
 HIROSHIMA (Nikkei)--Mazda Motor Corp. (J.MZD or 7261) will reintroduce - after
a six-year absence in the U.S. - by 2003 a sports car featuring its unique
rotary engine technology, company sources said, The Nihon Keizai Shimbun
reported in its Friday edition.
  The move is seen as an attempt by the carmaker to clearly distinguish itself
from other brands in a group led by U.S. partner Ford Motor Co.
  Mazda plans to release a four-door front-wheel drive model with two 654cc
rotary engines.  Company President Mark Fields says the model is symbolic of
the Mazda brand.
  A prototype vehicle will be on display at an international auto exhibition in
the U.S. from Jan. 9.
  The automaker also intends in 2003 to sell the sports car in Japan, Europe,
Australia.

  (END) DOW JONES NEWS  12-28-00
  03:32 PM- - 03 32 PM EST 12-28-00

Regards,