Re: Remember Blue smoke?

To: "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>, "John Holliday" <fprodget@yahoo.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Remember Blue smoke?
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 01:35:30 +0100
Thanks Ron,
OK, I see that my theorising is too simple and that 200 # dosn't mean
a CR of 13.8!

However, I still got blue smoke, and it seems to be getting worse!

So, if CR is good, and equal across 4 cylinders, then the rings are
bedded in properly.
To me that leaves the culprit as either:
a) oil ring problem
b) valve guides
c) PCV problem
d) something else, but what???

Someone suggested too much sump oil, or wrong grade.
I drained and refilled with 6pints 15W 40 at the weekend.

Only other clue is it is worse after the car has been idling for a few
minutes, then as I take off it puts out a real cloud of blue which
then gradually dies away a bit to just a blue haze at the exhaust.

Guy