Re: Remember Blue smoke?

To: "Guy Weller" <guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>, "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Remember Blue smoke?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 20:29:10 -0500
OK, I'm sitting here sucking on a LITE beer (where did that come from?)
waiting for some stuff to get clean, so I may have lost the thread
(apologies Jay). If'n I remember what my old mentor taught me.... if the
blue smoke shows on deceleration, it's guides... on acceleration it's
rings. On first start or when idling, likely guides, or the usually
non-existant seals. So, watch what happens when you get off the gas
suddenly. The above assumes that you've checked the PCV, etc. for obvious
fault.   Ooooops, the bell dinged. Back to work. (not to worry Jeff, all is
well.)
         Not ED.... but practicing.
====