Fw: Another nut(ty) question

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Another nut(ty) question
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 21:51:56 -0400
When I was working on the outdrives for my boat this past spring, the
Mercury service manual said to replace the nylocks after removal. I checked
at the boat dealer - $2 each!!! I only needed 20 for two outdrives... Hah, I
went to the discount hardware stores. None of them had 7/16 fine thread
nylocks! Used the old ones over again. Just pulled and winterized the boat
yesterday - the outdrives didn't fall apart. Guess I'm just lucky.

Actually, I knew that if you couldn't turn them with your fingers, they were
still OK.

Kent
1960 Bugeye
1989 Baha Cruisers 280 XLE