Re: Another nut(ty) question

To: Eddie Sheffield <eddie_sheffield@yahoo.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Another nut(ty) question
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:57:33 -0500
In a pinch, or in the field, you can slightly deform your nuts by whacking
them with a hammer or squeezing them in a vise. Try to hit or squeeze just
the outer-most part. It even works to thread them onto the bolt/stud a
little first, then whack or squeeze. I'm pretty certain this was where the
first locking nut originated. Never overlook the utility of a hammer.
         Cheers   Peter C
==