Re: Re[2]: anti-pollution in LA LA LAND.

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: anti-pollution in LA LA LAND.
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:51:04 -0500
All well and good Bill, but "they" CAN make you retrofit emissions equipment
on motor vehicles.  As mentioned in another post it has already happened in
California - I was there!  In California your vehicle has to be inspected
every two years for compliance with the emissions laws.  If you want to
register a vehicle there it has to be inspected for compliance with the law.
If it doesn't pass inspection you will not be issued new registration and
cannot drive it on the street until you comply with the law.  Your house fan
doesn't have to be registered, so there is no way for the authorities to
force compliance.

If the California legislators decided that new motor vehicle safety laws
were needed they could force compliance in the same way - mandatory
inspections before registration is issued.  Two mirrors on your motorcycle
(no matter how many were on it when new) or you don't get your new tags.

"They" can and have done it in the past.  I don't live there anymore :-).

Rick