Re: B+/Midget & Sprite Magazine

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: B+/Midget & Sprite Magazine
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 10:11:34 +1100
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
> In this day and age everything comes down to economics.  It just isn't
> possible to put out a quality magazine for just Spridget owners.  There
> aren't enough of us out there, or enough advertisers to make it pay.  We even
> have to join the NAMGBR because there isn't a national club for Spridgets.

I'm sorry, but really, this just isn't true. There are 3 Sprite
club magazines here in Australia (club magazines that is). As well
as Ray English's wonderful "Marque One" newsletter.

In Australia we have 4 seperate Sprite/Midget clubs -- The Austin
Healey Sprite Drivers Club (the state of Victoria), the mis-named
Sprite Car Club of Australia (the state of NSW), the Sprite Club of
South Australia), and the new Queensland club whose exact name I have
forgotten.

In Western Australia and until recently Queensland, Sprites have had to
co-exist with the big Healeys and Midgets with the rest of the MG crowd

(OK, they was a sep Qld Sprite club in earlier days but it folded
and the AHOC accepted them under its wings)

Now if we can sustain 4 clubs in a country of just 20 million, then
come one -- you can do the same!! Consider that South Australia has
a population of I don't know 1 - 2 million??? It has a Sprite
club that is active, it has even hosted a very successful national
Sprite meeting in 2001. With a national Sprite/Midget club you could
easily produce a magzine with similar content to the Sprite/Midget
magazine (before it became b+midget&sprite). Maybe not so glossy, but
who really cares?

Spridget owners unite! Don't remain 2nd class citizens in AHOC or MG CCs

Mike