newbie questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: newbie questions
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 09:36:18 -0400
Hi All,

After being out of the LBC hobby for a while (previously owned a '63
Sunbeam Alpine), I am looking to get back into it with a '69 Midget
that I have found not too far from me. Before I jump back in though, I
thought I would ask a few questions, and I apologize if these have been
covered extensively  before...

Does anyone drive these cars in the snow? If fitted with snow tires
would they do decently? I live in Michigan, and my commute is barely 3
miles, and I would like to use the car year round. Am I crazy? A hard
top would be a plus, I am sure- are they difficult to come by?

The car I am looking at can be seen with the sellers description at
<http://www.msu.edu/~rife/mg/mg.html> They are asking $3600, does this
seem reasonable based on the description and admittedly small pics? I
would, of course, try and get the car inspected by someone more
knowledgeable than myself before parting with any of my hard earned
cash. I haven't yet seen it in person, as I just came across it
recently.

Other than rust, any mechanical issues I need to be paying special
attention to?

I may have other questions, but that's all I can think up now.

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Chris

--
Christopher Rife, PhD