Re: newbie questions

To: rife@msu.edu (Christopher Rife), spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: newbie questions
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 10:57:57 -0400
In a message dated 6/3/2003 8:36:18 AM Eastern Standard Time, rife@msu.edu
writes:

> Does anyone drive these cars in the snow? If fitted with snow tires
> would they do decently? I live in Michigan, and my commute is barely 3
> miles, and I would like to use the car year round. Am I crazy? A hard
> top would be a plus, I am sure- are they difficult to come by?
>
> The car I am looking at can be seen with the sellers description at
> <http://www.msu.edu/~rife/mg/mg.html> They are asking
> $3600, does this
> seem reasonable

Welcome to the list Christopher.  We will be asking about your guns, dogs,
cats, and musical taste later...oh, and your opinion of scrapple, but for now,
welcome.  We will overlook your living in Michigan.  As Brad, Bill, Jack, and
several on the list know, you must be praying for a reason to move to Texas.

I'm sure there are a few out there that drive their cars in the snow.  I know
Frank C. likes to drive his on frozen water.  They definitely will not handle
like a 4WD SUV, but three miles of plowed road shouldn't be a problem, unless
you drive like Pilot Bob.

Being a little crazy is actually helpful around this list and in this hobby.

Hard tops are available new, and used ones crop up occasionally.  About
$600-700 new, somewhat less used, depending upon condition.

For one of the charter we cheap crowd, $3600 sounds a little high, BUT, if you
buy a cheap car like I did and perform the work they have on it, you will spend
well in excess of $3600.  By all means have it inspected closely by someone
familiar with Spridgets, and if it checks out, jump in!

Now, about gun ownership...do you have a Labrador Retriever?

Robert Houston
Transervicios S.A. de C.V.
915-592-2082