Re: Spridget links

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Spridget links
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:30:54 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Well Frank, I hope you took that as I intended. You see, I'm a bit
envious at the moment... here's why.

I started my Bugeye restoration (my dream project) back in '97. The
Bugeye I had since 1968 was too rusted for my likes and a friend
helping with some sheet metal repair strongly recommended I get a
rust free shell to replace it. My original BE got stripped and sold
(just the tub). Soon after I found the rustfree shell I wanted. The
car sat for 4 years (at least) before I bought it. I got it running,
drove it around the block, pulled it back into the garage and began
to dismantle it. It was an OK car that had the usual DPO flaws in it
(spattertone paint under the bonnet, for example). I wanted to build
my dream version of the car and set to work. Well, between a variety
of obstacles to getting the body and paint work done and several
other projects I did for practice and a little fund raising for the
Bugeye, THAT Bugeye is still sitting on my car lift. It's primered,
but still only a shell. My current situation makes it very
questionable whether it will ever get put together (by me anyway).
So... I'm thinking Geez, Franks put a Bugeye together in what... 6
weeks... and mine has been waiting 6 years. So yes, I am indeed a
little envious.

I look forward to seeing the "finished" photos.

Gerard