Hello and Bugeye value question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Hello and Bugeye value question
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 02:11:57 +0000 FILETIME=[1EB1D940:01C35709]
Hello,

Every so often I return to the list when my life has settled after the
recurring storms that seem to endlessly strike.. so here i am!

At the moment, I have a 71 midget in dire need of help. But it's mine, and
that's all that matters!

I have an opportunity to purchase my dream car... a 59 bugeye. But I need
some input on what to offer.

The car has been undergoing hobbyist restoration. The body looks good,
except for a spot in the very front where you can see so slightly cracked
body filler. It was recently painted red and except for that spot on the
bonnet, the car is very clean, no rust (although the floor panels are a
little flimsy).

there is no carpet kit. Needs doorpanels.

Engine rebuilt and nicely painted. New clutch, rebuilt SU's. Has all
receipts. However, the car doesn't start because it is short a voltage
regulator. It does turn over, however.

New wheels, new mirrors, NOS lucas tail lights. Trim/labels complete but not
installed.

Seats are in the car, not in bad shape, but not bolted down.

This car is essentially a freshly painted, nice looking shell that has no
trim installed and no interior.

The windshield needs to be installed, all of the mirrors need to be
installed

Top is shot. Comes with hard top that will have to be painted to match the
new color.

Anybody care to venture a guess at a fair value offer for the car might be?

Thanks in advance!

Bill