Toyota transplant

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, spridget2 <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Toyota transplant
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 22:54:22 -0500
While contemplating various 5 speed conversions, engine mods etc etc I
had fall into my lap today a complete 87  Toyota Corolla GTS, that's
the 1600cc twin cam and 5 speed RWD car . I did find one web site
http://www.team.net/www/mg/tech/midget/engswapa.html   that describes
the transplant of a 4T motor, which is very similar but not of a 4A swap
.. Anyone with any first hand experience and or URLs of this swap . ?
Oh and for the purists out there, if a 5 speed Japanese transmission is
an acceptable improvement how can the whole doggoned drive line not be
?  In any case an easy 120 bhp and 7500 RPM all day , along with 200k
mile reliability appeals to me .

Regards
John