Re: Toyota transplant

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Toyota transplant
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:25:39 -0800
I'm in the process of fitting a Suzuki Swift Twin Cam 1300 cc engine to a
Bugeye. I think it's going to be almost a "bolt-in" conversion. It may
require part of the battery shelf to be removed (this is replaceable to go
back) and a hole in the bottom of the tunnel to access the drain plug. This
engine and tranny are lighter than the 1275/5-Speed and will sit back
farther. The engine is longer but the tranny is shorter. Info I have
gathered so far can be seen at:
http://www.ado13.com/dohczuke/dohc.htm

Shields UP!

Larry Miller