Re: Reference books

To: willjan@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Reference books
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:08:11 EST
In a message dated 1/29/04 7:26:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
willjan@earthlink.net writes:

> I was just wondering if any of you guys when new to this
> found other books to be a needed asset.  I will need some reference
> material since all of this is new to me.
>
> Also, does anyone have experience with the rivergate 5 speed conversion
> transmission?

The Porter book is a wonderful start, but you will need a shop manual as
well--I like my Haynes, and the Chilton is a nice backup, but I wouldn't use it
as
my primary reference.  The Rivergate OR Paul Asguirrson (lister) kits with
the DAtsun 210 5-speed are reportedly wonderful additions to the 1275 engine,
but I don't know whether they will fit the 1098 or not.  Paul?

--David C.