RE: Spridgets at car shows

To: "William M. Gilroy" <w.lists@verizon.net>, "Larry B. Macy, Ph.D." <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
Subject: RE: Spridgets at car shows
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:15:06 -0500
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net> i9BJHn5e022698
Well, it galls my hiney to mix AH "square body" Sprites with Midgets.
Nothing against Midgets but I'm a SPRITE MK 2, not an MG.  So what if
it's "badge engineering", there were two cars available with two
different names...ya pays yer money and ya takes yer choice.  Many
all-marque shows make a difference between steel dash vs. padded dash
and rubber vs chrome bumper MGBs and similar distinctions between round
tail vs square tail Spits, early vs late TR6s, and so on and so forth.
Why then is it seemingly important to show organizers to lump square
body Sprites with MG Midgets??  Is to economize on trophies??  Often
there are other designated classes that have no entrants at all so I
can't believe that award economy is an issue.  I've been to numerous
shows where there were plenty enough Square Sprites and Midgets to have
separate classes for each but Noooooooo...... They had to be combined
because some short sighted people seem to view these two different
marques as one in the same.  This is why I'll probably never waste an
entry fee on my Sprite again.  Thank goodness I have a 3000 and an
Austin Marina that I still like show.  I side with a Sprite owner from
Michigan whose license tag used to read "IMNOMG"............. Just my
.02 worth.
Jack