RE: Retorquing Head

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@exit109.com>
Subject: RE: Retorquing Head
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:46:11 -0000
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
(Damn good question Frank...)  I haven't done it but have asked the dealers
to on the first service of every new car I have owned.  Whether they did or
not I don't know.  I would suggest not as it was not part of the listed
service schedule of any of the new Vauxhall, Rover, Mazda or Audi vehicles I
have owned.
However, there are differences between 'new' and 'old'  machinery
types/tolerances/machining and it may well be 1930/40's design service
essentials do not sit well with 2004 production.

Guy R Day